Sunday, April 13, 2008

Am I secretly in love with Dave Eggers?

One person I really admire is Dave Eggers. He could have just been some writer living the high life on the upper East Side, with some super skinny, ironic, model girlfriend and coke parties galor. But instead, he's helping the kids, writing books about child soldiers and I'm sure a bunch of other generous shit we don't even know about. It's cool that his essence is in the world in such a major way that he probably doesn't even have enough time in the day to fulfill that shit. When I read his first book, I totally wanted to call bullshit on him and his Miranda July groupies. But, he won me over. And he gave a TED talk where he was nervous, so he doesn't even know that he's totally fucking awesome. Inspiring....

It's not easy to get off that ass.
And make a difference and make it last.

No comments: